Loco Channel

See bottom of page to watch the Loco Channel, see the latest Bushism and Loco Postcards!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

80s Trippen

Lately I've been thinking alot about the 80s. Why? Because an old friend from high school got back in contact on Facebook, resurrecting all of these memories of the late 80s, high school, the music, films, and most of all, who I was and what I wanted to do with my future.

When thinking about this, I realised that so many things that are 'normal' in my life today would've (most likely) to have been considered unordinary, weird or bordering on "lock her up in the nuthouse" in the 80s.

So herein starts my 80s Trippen: a time-warped look back that shows how far (and sometimes backward) we've come in only 20 years.

80s Trippen #1
I made some toast this morning for breakfast. If you'd told me 20 years ago that the bread I would eat in 20 years time contained fish oil, I would've gagged. Yet, here I sit eating my peanut butter and fish oil bread toast, enjoying it. Odd thing is I know it's not really 'fish oil'....(or is it?)... but I swear it did taste...a little fishy..to me.... I used to think the 80s were a little strange; but really, we're not any less stranger today, we're just strange about different things.

1 comment:

sydhappyguy said...

Just Keep Swimmin!
888