Loco Channel

See bottom of page to watch the Loco Channel, see the latest Bushism and Loco Postcards!

Monday, July 14, 2008

More Words from Poland and Other Stuff

The second postcard from Poland is now showing at the bottom of the blog - this one is probably one of my favourites ;) Speaking of strange words, another Bushism is also featuring... keep em coming George!

In an 80s update, it was my sister's 37th birthday yesterday. She was wearing a wide belt over a cardigan.... I thought at first that maybe she's never left the 80s.... Until I went to the shops, saw the latest range of clothes in a surf shop and realised that the 80s are actually coming BACK. WTF! It's only been 20 years! Surely not long enough for a resurgence in wide belts and fluro shirts! Come on, I've already had to live through that fashion era once, don't make me do it again - it's cruel.

The 80s were fun but it belongs in the 80s. The "naughties" isn't the time and place for 80s fashion. The 80s were an optimistic time (probably the last), that was 'light and bright' and full of 'hope'. This mood of the 80s was reflected in clothing, music, movies etc. This is certainly not the mindset of today.... so bringing back the 80s now isn't appropriate - let's wait for a 'happier' time.

Don't make me wear leg warmers! PLEASE

No comments: