Loco Channel

See bottom of page to watch the Loco Channel, see the latest Bushism and Loco Postcards!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Red-Eye Fortnight

Since my last post I've been consumed and transfixed to my TV. Damn Olympics. I can't help myself - I love sports and love them more when Aussies are hard at it. So begins a fortnight of bleary red eyes.

However, there are some sports that I can't take seriously.... Like women's gymnastics. Not all of it, but the floor routine, the bar thingy and the ball and ribbon throwing? Come on! Women's gym would be far better if they removed all of the fluff and who-har. I'm sure more gymnasts suffer injury from wrist flicking, head jerking fluffy movements than they do triple somersaulting. The guys don't carry on like parrots on crack, so why should the women? It kind of reminds me of Jane Turner and her rendition of a gymnast. I"ve been scouring the net trying to find the video to post here to show it, but no luck so far. I THINK it appeared during the "Fast Forward" series - correct me if I'm wrong. And if you have better luck than me finding it, please let me know - it deserves to be on this blog.


Just to get you in the mood (and if you don't know who Jane Turner is, SHAME on you), here's one of the famous dance routines


No comments: